Top Bookmakers for UFC Betting
When is UFC 261? UFC 261 is being held at the VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena in Jacksonville, Florida on Saturday 24th April 2021. Usman vs. Masvidal 2 is one of three title fights on the card that sold out within hours and over 15,000 fans are expected to be in the arena.
The main event, of course, is scheduled to take place in the early hours of Sunday, April 25 for UK fans. UFC 261 will not be a pay-per-view event in the UK and will instead be shown on BT Sport 1 with their coverage beginning at 1am GMT.
- Date: Saturday, April 24
- Early prelims: 5:45 p.m. ET
- Prelims: 8 p.m. ET
- PPV main card: 10 p.m. ET
Join Ladbrokes today & get £1 no deposit free bet to use on any 5-A-Side match!
Kamaru Usman v Jorge Masvidal: Betting Preview Kamaru Usman (18-1) first won the belt via unanimous decision over Tyron Woodley at UFC 235 in March 2020. The champ has defended his belt three times with two stoppages. The lone decision came against Jorge Masvidal in the first fight. He's riding a 17-fight winning streak, with the last 11 coming inside the Octagon. The Nigerian Nightmare was last seen in the Octagon last February when he recorded a third-round KO/TKO win over Gilbert Burns in impressive fashion.
Jorge Masvidal (35-14) were defeated by Usman at UFC 251 in July of 2020. "Gamebred" took the fight on less than a week's notice after Gilbert Burns tested positive for COVID-19 and only lost by unanimous decision. Prior to that, he had a fantastic 2019 as he recording stunning knockouts of Darren Till and Ben Askren, along with a stoppage against the rugged Nate Diaz for the manufactured BMF title. Masvidal hasn't fought since losing to Usman.
One of the biggest questions heading into the first bout was whether Masvidal could cut weight to make the fight on just six days’ notice. The brutal cut clearly impacted his performance, expecially in the championship rounds, as his cardio was not there for five rounds. Jorge Masvidal had a full training camp in preparation for the second bout so the only questions is, will he be able to stuff the takedowns and reverse the clinch to keep it standing..
Usman vs Masvidal 2 Odds & Price BoostsUsman is a 1/4 favorite with Betfair, while Masvidal is a 13/4 underdog with SportNation in the latest Usman vs. Masvidal 2 odds.
Bookmaker William Hill is offering an interesting price boost on Usman to win by KO, TKO or Disqualification. Take a look below..
Our Usman vs Masvidal Predictions Masvidal is a deadly striker but the champ has shown off a good chin. Usman has added a diverse striking attack led by a stiff jab but we don't expect the Nigerian Nightmare to go toe-to-toe for 25 minutes with Masvidal. It's hard to see how the rematch plays out any differently than what everyone saw at UFC 251. Usman will be able to wrestle him and dictate where this fight goes. So, we go for Usman to win via decision.
Looking for UFC predictions on all the upcoming events? We got you covered!
At BetAndSkill you can find much more than Sports betting tips! We are the home of no deposit free bets and the best place where to learn new betting strategies and systems!
Full UFC 261 Fight Card There are 11 fights across the evening in Jacksonville, with the full fight card found below:
- MAIN EVENT: Kamaru Usman (c) vs. Jorge Masvidal for Usman's UFC welterweight championship
- Zhang Weili (c) vs. Rose Namajunas for Zhang's UFC women's strawweight championship
- Valentina Shevchenko (c) vs. Jessica Andrade for Shevchenko's UFC women's flyweight championship
- Uriah Hall vs. Chris Weidman (middleweight)
- Anthony Smith vs. Jimmy Crute (light heavyweight)
- Alex Oliveira vs. Randy Brown (welterweight)
- Dwight Grant vs. Stefan Sekulic (welterweight)
- Karl Roberson vs. Brendan Allen (middleweight)
- Patrick Sabatini vs. Tristan Connelly (featherweight)
- Danaa Batgerel vs. Kevin Natividad (bantamweight)
- Kazula Vargas vs. Rong Zhu (lightweight)
- Qileng Aori vs. Jeffrey Molina (flyweight)
- Na Liang vs. Ariane Carnelossi (women's strawweight)
- Jamey Simmons vs. Johnny Muñoz (bantamweight)