DAVID HAYE v TONY BELLEW: BETTING PREVIEW
Since his return on the ring, David Haye (28-2 26KO’s) has won both his fights against poor opposition. His bouts against Mark de Mori and Arnold Gjergjaj lasted a combined 6 minutes and 46 seconds, meaning that he has only completed one full round of action since 2012. How his body and stamina will hold up if he goes beyond a couple of rounds?
David Haye has dismissed concerns about his fitness, revealing he had been to Munich, but only for a routine physical with his doctor. The Hayemaker has not been tested since ending his retirement in 2016 but he made his name through his right hand and has a 90 per cent plus knockout rate in his 28 wins. Haye has a superior strength and this fight could be all over once the first big shot lands given that Tony Bellew has been dropped on numerous occasions by less powerful opponents.
David Haye's last 5 fights
- WIN vs Arnold Gjergjaj – TKO second round
- WIN vs Mark de Mori – TKO first round
- WIN vs Dereck Chisora – TKO fifth round
- LOSS vs Wladimir Klitschko – unanimous decision
- WIN vs Audley Harrison – TKO third round
Following the 2013 defeat at the hands of Adonis Stevenson, Tony Bellew (28-2-1 18KO’s) moved up to cruiserweight where he has won eight fights on the spin, including the fight of his life against Ilunga Makabu at his beloved Goodison Park in May last year, stopping the Congolese southpaw in 3 rounds.
Bellew is not a natural heavyweight and has never fought at this weight. The "Bomber" has never faced anyone as big as Haye before and was badly knocked out by WBC light-heavyweight champion Adonis Stevenson, a man who weighs a good 50lb less than the Hayemaker. Furthermore, Bellew has a habit of taking too many punches which was evident even in his victories over Ilunga Makabu and BJ Flores and nobody knows how Bellew will cope when he takes a full-bodied shot from Haye. Bellew’s best chance at victory seems to be to take Haye into the latter rounds as he is in the better form and by far the sharper fighter.
Tony Bellew's last five fights
- WIN vs BJ Flores – KO third round
- WIN vs Ilunga Makabu – KO third round
- WIN vs Mateusz Masternak – unanimous decision
- WIN vs Arturs Kulikauskis – TKO fifth round
- WIN vs Ivica Bacurin – TKO tenth round
DAVID HAYE v TONY BELLEW: TALE OF THE TAPE
DAVID HAYE v TONY BELLEW: BEST ODDS
|DAVID HAYE||26.00 with||Bet £10, win £260.00|
|THE DRAW||51.00 with||Bet £10, win £510.00|
|TONY BELLEW||21.00 with||Bet £10, win £210.00|
DAVID HAYE v TONY BELLEW: PREDICTIONS
|OUR PICKS||BEST ODDS||BOOKMAKER|
|Winner: David Haye||26.00|
|Total Rounds: Under 5.5 rounds||1.80|
|Round Betting: David Haye in Round 3||8.00|
|When will the fighter end?: Either in Round 3-4||3.80|
HOW TO WATCH DAVID HAYE v TONY BELLEW FOR FREE!
New Sky Bet customers that stake £5 on boxing will be able to watch the Haye v Bellew PPV fight for free online!
1) Sign up to Sky Bet and make your first deposit
2) Make sure you provide us with your correct mobile number when signing up
3) Stake £5 on any boxing market (minimum odds 1/2)
4) All of the above steps must be complete by 5.30pm on Saturday March 4th
5) You will receive a text message with your promo code between 7 - 9pm on Saturday 4th March
6) You then need to go here and click 'Buy Event'
7) Follow the on screen instructions and then enter the promo code we send you through text message to complete the booking.
7) You can now watch the event ONLINE at www.skysports.com/boxofficelive or through your mobile/tablet device by downloading the Sky Sports Box Office app or on your NOW TV box.
DAVID HAYE v TONY BELLEW: FREE BETS & PROMOTIONST&Cs apply. 18+. Gamble responsibly.
LATEST FREE BETS & EXCLUSIVE OFFERST&Cs apply. 18+. Gamble responsibly.
Please tell us what you think about
"Haye v Bellew betting tips, predictions, odds and free bets (Boxing - 4.3.2017)"