Inspired Gaming Group has launched Virtual Grand National, a fantastic virtual product based on the UK’s showpiece horseracing event. Wanna know how to win on Virtual Grand National? Read our betting guide!
Virtual Grand National 2024
Can you remember when, due to real-life cancellations due to COVID-19 pandemic, the 2021 edition was only run virtually?? We hope it will never happen anymore!
We will see both the Virtual Grand National and the real Grand National race in 2024.
The same 40 runners will contest both races this year, with the virtual edition preceding the real one by nearly 24 hours.
The virtual race will be broadcast by ITV at 21:15 BST on Friday 12th April – a day before the real race at Aintree Racecourse.
The final field has yet to be confirmed at the time of writing. Anyway, you will find the complete list of Virtual Grand National runners and odds here.
There will also be a race of champions, featuring previous winners such as Red Rum and Tiger Roll which should also provide some good entertainment.
Wanna know more about how to bet on the 2024 Virtual Grand National? We got you covered!
How does Virtual Grand National work?
- Each virtual race starts with an introduction that displays a list of all the runners and riders and their number and prices. The virtual race itself follows the introduction.
- All results are determined by a completely unbiased number generator, which means there is no way to influence or manipulate the outcome of a race.
- Once the race has finished there will be a replay of the Horses crossing the line followed by a display of the top 3 (or 4) finishers.
- Bookmakers strive to settle your bet immediately after the event has finished. It's a matter of seconds!
Where To Bet On Virtual Grand NationalOne of the most attractive features of virtual horse races is the fact that they are available for betting on-demand at any time of day. Virtual races happen around the clock and are never cancelled for weather. But, choosing the betting company to begin with on this journey is not always an easy task.
Find below our recommended Virtual Grand National Betting Sites..
Virtual Grand National Features
- Ultra-realistic graphics with falling horses, unseated riders and collapsing fences
- 40 runners and riders take on the most famous racing marathon at Aintree
- Players can place bets on individual horses as well as specials such as Grouped Runners, providing multiple chances to win for a single bet
- With so much advanced technology at our disposal, the Virtual Grand National at first glance, can sometimes be hard to distinguish from the real sport! Anyway, if you are looking for the real-life thing, check out our page for horse racing betting sites.
Virtual Grand National MarketsYou will not have the same variety as real-life horse racing, but there are still plenty of betting options to be enjoyed. Plus, there will be no non-runners, withdrawn horses and changes to the place terms.
The most popular bet is the race winner. This market is the most straightforward, allowing you to back the horse and jockey you believe will be the winner of each race.
As in classical racing, the each-way betting market is incredibly popular, and can be a fantastic way to insure yourself against losses.
Of course, you can try something a little more adventurous such as a forecast or even a tricast if you are feeling lucky, just like you can when betting on the real-life action.
- Winner - Predict the horse you believe will win the race
- Each Way - Predict the horse that either win or finish in the top three
- Forecast - Predict the horses that finish in first or second place
- Tricast - Predict the horse that finish first, second or third
- Combination Forecast - Predict the two horses that will finish first and second, without specifying the exact order
- Combination Tricast - Predict the horses that will finish 1st, 2nd and 3rd, in any order.