Here you can find a list of the best horse racing betting sites on the Internet, selected by looking at factors such as the odds and available betting markets, welcome bonuses, customer support and ease of use.
Horse Racing Betting: The Best Online Bookmakers To Back A Winner
If you think of betting, the first sport you’ll likely think of is horse racing. Betting on the horses has been around for hundreds of years and still thrills punters to this day.
The sport provides some of the biggest days in the betting calendar from the Grand National and Cheltenham Festival, to the Queen’s favourite, Royal Ascot.
At Bet and Skill, we love a punt on the horses and work with some of the world’s biggest bookmakers to bring you the very best horse racing betting offers and odds. You’ll find all of these on this page. Simply scroll down to find the very best horse racing betting sites and best online bonuses.
Where Can I Bet On Horse Racing?Every major online bookie will offer odds on horse racing, taking in every meet from up and down the country. The likes bet365, Betfair and Coral are all incredibly well thought of when it comes to the horse racing markets, while William Hill and Ladbrokes have been offering odds on the sport well before the internet.
We’ve ranked all the top horse racing bookmakers below, while highlighting their best horse racing betting offers.
Take a look through and discover which features suit your need more as well as how you can grab yourself a horse racing free bet or no deposit free bet.
BEST HORSE RACING BETTING SITESWe regularly compare all the horse racing betting sites taking into account several important factors. We update our rankings every time these factors change, in order to suggest you the best horse racing betting sites on the Internet!
- Best price guaranteed on all ITV & BBC horse racing
- Feature Race offer: Back a winner at 4/1 or more and get a risk free bet
- Channel 4/1 Offer: Back a winner at 4/1 or more and get a risk free bet
- Live streaming on all UK and Irish races
- Cash out and partial cash out
New Customers only. Up to £100 in Bet Credits. Sign up, deposit £5 or more to your account and bet365 will match your qualifying deposit in Bet Credits when you place qualifying bets to the same value and they are settled. Min odds/bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. T&Cs, time limits & exclusions apply.
|£100 betting credits||Visit Bet365|
- Free bet on all ITV races
- Enhanced odds and price boosts
- Sportsbook and betting exchange
- Price Rush on horse racing
|£100 free bets||Visit Betfair|
- Money back as a free bet if your horse falls
- Watch Live UK, Irish, Dubai and South African racing
- The racing app: races simulation, tips & horse profiles for every UK & Irish race
- Complete form, stats & trends powered by racingpost.com
|£20 free bet||Visit Coral|
- Best odds guaranteed
- Lengthen The Odds: get a chance to back a horse at an enhanced price
- Money back if your horse refuse or whip around at the start
- Live streaming all UK & Irish Racing direct to your PC or Mobile
|Bet £10, get £40||Visit BetVictor|
- Best odds guranteed on all UK & Irish racing
- Money back if your horse finishes 2nd
- Race video previews every day
- Tote and Virtual Racing
- Instant access to your winnings with Priority Access Card
|£30 free bet||Visit William Hill|
- Live streaming on all UK & Irish races
- Best Odds Guaranteed on all UK and Irish horse races
- Coverage of US horse racing
|£50 free bet||Visit Ladbrokes|
- Super bonus races with price boosts
- Out of the frame: Should your hoese finish out of the frame, Betfred will refund you up to £25
- Risk-free Placepot and best odds guaranteed
- 5 x the odds on Lucky 63s, 4 x on Lucky 31s and 3 x on Lucky 15s
|Bet £10, get £60||Visit Betfred|
- £200 welcome bonus for new customers
- Best Odds Guaranteed on all UK & Ireland races, both on web and on mobile!
- Money back if beaten by a head
- £10 free bet on your first Horse Racing bet
|£200 bonus||Visit 10bet|
- Money back if your horse finishes 2nd to SP Fav
- Guaranteed Prices on all UK & Irish Horse Racing
- Racing tips and Form on Paddy Power inFormer
- Daily money back specials and Tote Pools betting
|£30 in free bets||Visit Paddy Power|
- Earn a free bet for every 20 horse racing bets you place
- Money Back if your Horse Falls in any UK or Irish National Hunt race
- Place a Lucky 15/31/63 and if all selections win Winner will add up to 25% on top of your winnings
|£200 welcome bonus||Visit Winner|
- £30 welcome bonus for new customers
- Live streaming on UK, US and Canada racing
- Racing Tips and Statistics
- Enhanced odds and enhanced horse racing accumulators
|£30 bonus||Visit Betsafe|
- Horse racing Free Bet Club: £10 free every week
- Best odds guaranteed
- Extra places promotion on selected meetings
|£30 free bet||Visit Betway|
- Triple odds on your first bet
- Best Odds Guaranteed
- Price boost on horse racings
- Money back if beaten by a head or less
|Triple odds||Visit 888sport|
- Faller Money-back on UK & Irish Horse Racing
- Best Odds Guaranteed on all UK & Irish Horse Racing
- 100% Cash Bonus on racing multiples
- Spin & Bet - win up to 10 times more
|Bet £5, get £20||Visit Betstars|
- Best Odds Guaranteed on all UK & Irish Horse Racing
- Daily Free Bets offers on selected meetings
- Free bet if beaten by a head or less
- £50 free bet for all new customers
|£50 free bet||Visit Betbright|
Primarily, we want you to find a site that is safe, reputable and fair.
We rank the best horse racing betting sites according to their ability to pay winners, their race selection, the types of bets they have on offer, ease of use, the bonuses and rewards on offer, the quality of the customer support and whether or not their prices are fair.
If you sign up at one of our recommended sites you will be pleased with the service you receive.
A Brief Introduction To Horse Racing BettingOf course, if you’re completely new to horse racing betting, then you’re not quite going to know where to start.
Betting on the horses has been around in some way for hundreds of years and today you’ll find it in two main forms; Flat racing and National Hunt racing.
Flat racing will usually take place during the summer with the main difference being they’re ran without fences. They’ll generally be between five furlongs and just over two miles, with the main flat racing event being the Cheltenham Festival.
National Hunt racing on the other hand includes obstacles and tests both speed and jumping ability from a horse. It traditionally takes place from Autumn through to Spring, with the highlight being the Grand National in April.
We offer horse racing tips across both flat and National Hunt racing, so don’t forget to visit us all year round for expert advice on where to put your money.
Things You Should Know About Horse Racing Betting
When betting on horse racing you’ll come across plenty of terminology that you may not be aware of. Don’t be afraid though, they’re all relatively easy to understand and you’ll soon get the hang of it.
There are of course some you’ll come across more than others. Here are some of the terms you’ll most frequently spot, alongside their meanings to give you a head start.
Starting Price (SP)
The Starting Price of a horse, often referred to as simply SP, is the odds of a horse at the start of a race.
Odds can fluctuate dramatically in the build up to a race so bookmakers will often offer best odds guaranteed so that if the starting price has better odds than when you placed your bet, you’ll receive the start price payout should it win.
A term you’ll come across regularly in horse racing is the non-runner no bet offer which means that if the horse you’ve backed pulls out you’ll receive your stake back.
Non-runner simply means that the horse is no longer running the bet.
An each way bet is something incredibly common in horse racing betting and is almost a type of insurance, so that if you don’t win you’ll still earn some winnings if it finishes within the top three of four of a race. That number can vary from race to race however.
The Most Popular Horse Racing BetsAs you’d expect, there are dozens of bets you can place on horse racing, just as you can in football betting. We’ve listed the most popular horse racing bets with bookmakers below, with a little explanation as to exactly what you’ll be backing.
The easiest to understand of all the horse racing wagers, a To Win bet is simply backing a horse to win the race. The only way you’ll earn a payout with this one is if the horse actually wins the race.
To place an Each Way bet you usually have to tick a little box marked E/W by the side off your odds. What this does is essentially create two wagers (you’ll also have to pay double your stake), one on the horse to win and one to place.
A bookmaker will still pay out on a number of places, giving you a smaller fraction on what the win odds are. For most, they’ll usually pay out on three places, handing back a quarter of the odds when you placed the bet.
However, during special events such as Cheltenham, Royal Ascot and the Grand National, bookmakers may offer more places, with some offering as many as 10 in some cases.
Double and Treble
A double and treble bet is a wager that allows you to use one stake to bet on multiple selections. For a double that number would be two, while in a treble you’d be betting on three horses within one wager.
In order to win, all your selections must win. If one should lose then your bet loses.
A tricast is a bet that needs you to predict the finishing order of the top three within a race. The odds are normally pretty big on this one so you’ll get a great payout, but predicting the order of a race can be mightily difficult.
An accumulator is an extension of the double and treble bet, with one wager on four or more selections. The more selections you make the higher the odds, but it only takes one to fail for you to lose out.
Lucky 15A Lucky 15 bet is practically all the bets mentioned above rolled into one. It involves placing 15 bets on four selections. This is broken down into four single bets, six doubles, four trebles and a four-fold accumulator. You can read much more about this wager on our Lucky 15 page.
Please tell us what you think about
"Top Horse Racing Betting Sites on the Internet"