PayPal is a payment method that empowers individuals to take charge of their finances when it comes to operating transactions from online gambling sites. Having a PayPal account is a simple procedure that does not require too much effort from the punter's side, it's easy and will quickly process the payments that you wish to make to and from your account. You will be able to easily withdraw from your account to fund your main banking accounts while being protected by the high security that PayPal provides to gamblers on betting sites.
Top 10 Bookmakers That Accept PayPal
Below presents a selection of PayPal betting sites that will provide you the best overall betting experience that anyone would desire when opting to start their online betting journey. Sites that accept PayPal will often be very reputable and regulated. The reason for this is, only the best betting sites will often go for this option, due to the fees that are often involved when integrating it to an online platform. This is one of the many reasons why betting sites will ask their players to deposit at least a minimum of £10, as the costs of moving transactions from one finance establishment to another can be costly. However, with your PayPal account, you will be able to go as low as £5.50, which is in fact lower than every other electronic banking system out there on the market today. Again, with withdrawal limits, PayPal has beaten their competitors by allowing punters to withdraw as much as £5000 in one go, which can be of particular benefit to a punter who has a high bankroll and prefers to operate on a larger scale, cash-wise.
Betfred is a really good example of providing their customers with very high limits that definitely pays off. They have been able to stay in the business for many, many years and with that, attract all the high rollers that bet at high limits - and manage to keep them for a very long time, due to the mixture of great services and ongoing promotions for existing players.
PayPal usually operates on an instant basis, however, due to the processing time for funds from online betting sites, it will often take longer at around 48 hours to be released to and from their site between customers. However, there have been cases where funds have been processed and released far more quickly, so it is not just a fixed time and will depend from situation to situation.
PayPal is an electronic wallet that many people currently use today, so having to use betting sites that accept PayPal, will make your registration as a new gambler very easy to tie together. Should you be curious about which betting sites accept PayPal, read the table we have inserted below, which should break down all the positive features that you can expect from each individual PayPal Site.
Other bookmakers accepting PayPal
Betting With PayPal: Introduction
PayPal is known for its worldwide services, particularly when it comes to eCommerce and money transfers within online platforms. The great attraction for PayPal is the additional high security it possesses when you are wanting to exchange funds to and from your banking accounts. The transactions take place in seconds and you will be able to access and trade services from all over the world since it is internationally recognised as a secondary banking institution.
The payments are processed easily in any currency that you should desire, which is dominant across the world. Although there is often a charge when it comes to converting currency, it is often no different from how banks usually operate their currency conversions. With a click of your fingers, you can deposit within your betting account and claim any new player promotions that are up for grabs, with your deposit option.
Your transactions will always be secure with PayPal, as PayPal will not provide your banking details to the merchant that you trade with. It will appear via PayPal transaction and that is it.
PayPal For Online Betting
For users within the UK and Europe, PayPal offers a safe transfer of money towards your betting site of choice and will allow you to bet on online sports, casino games etc. at the click of your fingers. Deposits using PayPal have become quite the talk across the gambling communities of today, yet unfortunately, deposits and withdrawals are not possible using PayPal to customers within the North American region.
Online bookmakers often welcome PayPal as the option to deposit or withdraw within their platform, due to the ease and peace of mind that it brings. The security is also something that is recognised within betting sites, unlike some e-wallets like Skrill and Neteller deposits for example, which are not accepted if players are wishing to claim bonuses from the betting sites. The reason for this is the lack of identification that these e-wallets bring. To set up a PayPal, there are plenty of identification procedures that take place to make sure players are known to the betting sites and can be fully identified. New player's bonuses as you may be well aware, are only for people that have never registered before, and it can be an issue if players are registering for the same bonuses, under different aliases.
PayPal has not been around for more than 3 decades. However, it was properly set up for online transactions in the early 2000s. It was not a payment system before, however, through slow evolution, it was allowed to get to the stage we see it as today. The reason for this was, at the time, there were an increasing want and need for a service like this within the market. So, PayPal made it possible and sought to allow new customers to use PayPal for online purposes.
eBay was what brought PayPal to fame, from their purchase in 2002. It was their development that made it into the platform that we see today. The reason being was that they saw great potential from the security it provided and therefore advocated for it to be the official payment service that they used to allow merchants and customers to move across goods and cash in one smooth transaction. This platform gave both customers and merchants the peace of mind to operate their finances, without any future issues of missed payment that could come along the way. From eBay was where PayPal became really popular and used amongst consumers everywhere. The customers of PayPal began to grow and for that reason, PayPal chose to grow with it and develop one of the most secure payment methods available online.
How To Make Deposits & Withdrawals At An Online Bookmaker Using PayPal
Using PayPal as payment is relatively easy and anyone can really get the hang of it. It does not actually take much at all. Due to the simple procedure that is needed to operate your finances, it became one of the largest payment processors in the world.
Sure, PayPal provides new customers on any betting site the chance to thrive and take control - especially when welcome bonus offers and general new player bonuses can be claimed when you deposit via PayPal and use it as one of your primary deposit options.
How To Deposit With PayPal
A deposit via PayPal is one of the easiest things you will ever do when you are wanting to make a payment. Be it to claim a welcome bonus, or just place a bet on your favourite Premier League team, PayPal has got your back covered with the safest procedures in the online payment processing market. Below we have outlined the procedures you will need to do, to make sure new customers make a deposit correctly and let their online betting adventure run smoothly.
1. Fund your PayPal account with the right amount of funds you need, from your bank account, debit card, or any other method you wish to use (PayPal can link you to multiple funding platforms). If you do not have an account already, you will need to open one and link the payment method you want to use to fund your account and allow you to use PayPal on sports betting sites.
2. Verify your account to increase your cash limits. This can be done so, by using two factor authentications, via email or mobile phone. The instructions are also provided from the PayPal site too, within the help section.
3. Use the 'Add Money' section to transfer the amount that you wish to credit to your PayPal wallet/account. This should allow for an instant transfer of your cash towards your PayPal account.
4. Once you have selected the amount that you wish to work with on the betting site, create a new account on your favourite betting site of choice i.e. William Hill, and select PayPal as your preferred payment method.
5. By opting for PayPal your deposit will be transferred pretty much instantly, or within a couple of minutes. Due to PayPal operating over the internet, betting sites that accept PayPal will receive the deposit amount in a matter of seconds usually.
How To Withdraw With PayPal
The withdrawal process is pretty much the same but in reverse, meaning you will be able to repeat a similar procedure, but from your betting account first, then to your PayPal account.
1. By logging into your betting account and selecting the withdrawal option, you will be transferred to a page that will allow you to choose PayPal as your chosen withdrawal method.
2. By selecting that option, you must enter the amount that you wish to withdraw from your betting site wallet.
3. Once the transaction is confirmed, you will be asked to confirm the email address of your PayPal, then accept for instant transferral.
4. Within your account, you will find the credited cash in your PayPal wallet, for you to transfer across as you wish, to whichever banking method you wish to select from your PayPal account.
Depending on the PayPal betting site, however, the processing time will differ. So, you will need to make sure that you are aware of the possible waiting times.
Betting Safe With PayPal: Security & Anonymity
We are sure you are wondering to what extent does PayPal actually keep you safe when making online transactions. So, we have dedicated this section to all the particulars and details to answer all your security and safety questions associated with when you use PayPal.
Protecting your card information
By using a third party, you are actually increasing your level of security, especially when you are concerned about protecting your card information in the process of a transaction. PayPal ultimately stops you from sharing any of your card details towards the sources online, by not sharing them entirely - just the necessary snippets of critical information.
SSL (Secure Socket Layers) security encryption
The encryption of SSL that is integrated within the platform of PayPal makes sure that the information and data that you provide towards merchants will never be accessed or stored. The way SSL operates is that to unlock it and have access to all the data, a key needs to be present. There are over trillions of combinations, which makes it impossible for any third unwanted party to take advantage of your private data.
All transactions that go through the PayPal system are intricately monitored with flagging of any payments that do not seem reputable. Flagging and locking of accounts occur sooner rather than later, as it is better to be safe than sorry. With a few security checks and a phone call, you will be able to un-flag/block your account immediately.
Your statements will have complete anonymity, as the transaction will just appear as a PayPal. Many people who gamble will often not wish for the online betting provider to be mentioned within their statements, so by betting with your PayPal, instead of your bank account, you can disclose such information away.
We have all probably seen those emails where people have tried to impersonate PayPal customer service from our emails. Well, the good thing about PayPal is, they will never contact you via any emails and purely reach out to you via your personal account if there is anything to worry about. For that reason, it is always best to avoid those spam emails claiming to be PayPal, as it will never be the case for direct contact. That is a company policy - for your own protection.
PayPal for Sports Betting: Pros & Cons
There are many advantages and disadvantages for betting with PayPal, so we thought this could be a good opportunity to really give you the insights you need to understand if this payment method should be incorporated within your everyday sports betting and gambling activities.
- When you place a bet with PayPal, you can do so through your mobile phone. It can be integrated into your payment preference. Since most of us practice online gambling from our mobile phones, this makes your gambling and payment systems all combined under one interface, which is practical, easy and very flexible to whatever lifestyle you have. Mobile transactions are often done instantly without even a need for entering a password - just a face scanner for security procedures. It is as simple as that.
- PayPal as one of your e-wallet deposit options is very reliable. It operates 24/7 and therefore whatever the time, your cash should move to and from your wallet instantly. Especially if you want to join a betting site and play immediately without any waiting times.
- The customer service that PayPal provides is one of the best in the world. If you call within their operational hours (depends on locality around the world), your problem will be dealt with very seriously and promptly.
- You will be able to link your debit card and bank account towards your PayPal, meaning you have multiple ways to fund and credit your e-wallet.
- Lastly, one thing you can find very useful - especially if you are hoping to bet from more than one of the UK betting sites, this payment option is available on all UKGC reputable and regulated sites.
- There are unfortunately a few fees that you will need to take into consideration when you use this wallet. The reason for fees is due to currency conversions, or the actual betting site operates at a slight fee through PayPal to cover the costs of the service to new players.
- Your transactions will always be monitored, so if there is any suspicious activity from your side, everything can be traced back to you immediately.
ConclusionPayPal betting is without a doubt one of the best payment options out there for you to use. It guarantees that you have complete safety and security throughout all your transactions online - not just for when you use PayPal for online betting. When using PayPal, you will always have the freedom and quick interaction to proceed forward with payments. There will be no card numbers, security codes, etc. to worry about. Deposits towards online betting sites will very much be an instant experience, which is something all new customers on an online UK betting site (or online gambling as a whole) will want. Signing up for new players can sometimes already be quite stressful as it is, so knowing that the PayPal e-wallet will do all the hard work for you and maximise security, makes it a very light and easy process to endure.
PayPal allows you to be in charge of your finances, especially your spending limits, meaning when you enter the amount, you can alternate what you are spending each day/month, and not have a fixed limit to work with. The greatest thing about PayPal is that you can find this option internationally, so you can interact with online betting sites in the most secure manner. It definitely puts any new customers at ease and gives you peace of mind, no doubt.
Using PayPal for sports betting and betting apps in general is just efficient and faster in general as a whole. You may even find specially catered bonuses available to PayPal users only, which should in anyone's case, incentivise to open up a PayPal l payment option there and then. The most popular offers that have floated around the online sports market, are the horse racing and football sportsbook new betting promotions. Sure, there are many e-wallets out there, however none are quite like PayPal. You will soon come to see that, as you proceed on betting on the best sports available that our PayPal betting sites provide. However, should you be requiring to look further into anonymous and high security payment options like PayPal betting sites, options such as PayByPhone and Boku, are great place to start too.
PayPal Alternatives For Betting OnlineSo, maybe you are interested in PayPal betting sites alongside alternatives too. If that is the case there are some other alternatives that are similar to PayPal but may provide different opportunities such as bonuses, less currency conversion fees etc. The options we would suggest are Skrill, Neteller and Paysafecard.
These options operate under an e-wallet, with the exception of Paysafecard, that works as a prepaid card that you can use to spend as credit on accepting online betting sites. These are great options to look into, as again you will be free from linking your bank account and other card details with the sports betting sites, giving you the maximum security you desire as a new customer.
Neteller has been said to be far more popular when it comes to betting, however it may sometimes be restricted from the connections to redeeming bonuses and promotions within a site. Therefore, it would be required to read the terms and conditions of any site you join up with Neteller, just to make sure you are aware of your rights and privileges. Using PayPal for making deposits and making a withdrawal has always been the superior user-friendly option. So, do keep it in mind.