The UK will have a new Prime Minister come September 5 and Liz Truss and Rishi Sunak are the two remaining Tory leadership hopefuls left in the race to become the next Prime Minister. Who will be the next PM? William Hill have boosted the odds on either candidate with Sunak now 40/1 and Truss now 25/1, a huge enhancement given that they are normally backable at 5/1 and 1/5 respectively. Read here how to claim your enhanced odds on the Next UK Prime Minister betting market!
How to get 25/10 Truss or 40/1 Sunak to be the Next Prime Minister at William HillEleven candidates announced leadership bids but only former British finance minister Rishi Sunak and Foreign Secretary Liz Truss made it through to the final stage of the leadership contest to replace UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson.
In the most recent TV Debate hosted by the BBC, Truss and Sunak sparred on a variety of topics, including Brexit, the economy, their tax plans, China, TikTok and more.
Rishi Sunak was accused of bullying and mansplaining during his first head-to-head clash with Liz Sunak. Critics also questioned Truss’s tax and borrowing plans, which her rival claimed would trigger a surge in interest rates.
Who will be the next UK Prime Minister? Read below how to get terrrific odds at William Hill: 25/1 for Liz Truss or 40/1 for Rishi Sunak!
- Click on this special link to go to the William Hill's promo page
- Open a new an account – it will not take more than 2 minutes
- Don't forget to use the Promo code: EPL25 (if you want to back Liz Truss) or EPR40 (if you want to back Rishi Sunak)
- Place £1 on Liz Truss or Rishi Sunak to replace Boris Johnson as British PM
a) Via Web, the desired market will be automatically added to your bet slip, place a £1 bet.
b) Via App, place a £1 bet on the regular market of either Rishi Sunak or Liz Truss to be the next PM.
- If your candidate gets the top job at Downing Street, William Hill will adjust your account within 24 hours to reflect the price boost.
Follow us on our social media channels
Or share this article on your favourite social media
Who is Rishi Sunak?
Mr Sunak was elected in 2015, succeeding former Tory leader Lord Hague in the seat of Richmond in North Yorkshire.
The former chancellor of the exchequer has long been among the favourites to be the next Tory leader.
It had seemed that the former chancellor's star had faded when he was fined for Partygate and after questions about his wife's tax status.
Declaring he was entering the race a day after Mr Johnson's resignation, Mr Sunak launched his bid in a glossy video on social media with a pledge to rebuild voters' trust after the previous tumultuous premiership.
Despite his image, some moderate Tories still believed he was the best candidate.
Who is Liz Truss?
Liz Truss has held various positions under three Tory prime ministers and is one of the most interesting Conservative contenders. The foreign secretary has rocketed up the ministerial ladder during Johnson’s reign and has a favourable popularity rating among Tory members.
Many MPs on the right of the party appear to be throwing their weight behind her in a bid to stop Mr Sunak winning.
Furthermore, she benefitted from the elimination of Kemi Badenoch ahead of the final round of voting on Wednesday 20th July.
At time of writing, standard odds to be Next Tory Leader are:
- Liz Truss @ 1/5
- Rishi Sunak @ 5/1
William Hill current sign-up offerWilliam Hill are offering the perfect incentive to sign up with them and enjoy your betting on every sport, every market, every day!
- Click on this special link to go to the William Hill website
- Register for a new account using promo code P40
- Place your first bet of £10 or more (odds must be greater than 1/5)
- Get up to £40 in free bets
Looking for more William Hill promo codes? We got you covered!
Next Prime Minister Enhanced Odds - Terms and conditions:
- Open an account, using promo code EPL25 or EPR40, by visiting William Hill through our links or banners
- Place a £1 bet on the regular market of Next UK Prime Minister odds.
- If your bet wins, you will receive 2 x £20 or 5 x £5 free bets (total value of £40 or £25), within 48 hours. You cannot take the winnings as cash.
- Free bets can be used on any sportsbook product (except tote, pool and Lottery bets).
- You cannot take the value of free bets as cash, and any free bet amount used will not be returned with winnings from it.
- If you use only part of a free bet, the remaining amount will be lost.
- Any unused free bet will be deleted 30 days after it is added to your account.
- ‘Cash in my bet’ will be available for bets placed using a free bet (minus the value of the free bet).
- The promotion runs from 09:00 on 22 July 2022 until 17:00 on 5 September 2022
- Eligibility rules, location, market and currency restrictions and terms and conditions apply.
Full T&Cs at WilliamHill.com