The goal of the game is to beat the dealer. If your cards total is higher than the dealer's cards without going over 21 you win. If your hand or the dealer's hand goes over 21 you "bust." If you bust you automatically lose. If the dealer busts and you do not bust, you will win. The player must act first. If the player busts they loses regardless if the dealer busts or not.
ONLINE BLACKJACK GUIDE
The suits of the cards do not have any meaning in the game. The cards from 2 through 9 are valued as indicated. All face cards have a value of ten. An ace can count as either one or eleven.
The dealer must play his hand in a specific way, with no choices allowed. The dealer must continue to take cards until his total is 17 or greater. An ace in the dealer's hand is always counted as 11 if possible without the dealer going over 21.
The player has the following choices:
Hit: Request one more card.
Stand: Draw no more cards.
Double: Double the wager and receive only one more card.
Split: Split the hand into two separate hands. If you split aces a single new card is added to each ace and the turn ends.
How to play the game:
- Click on chips to increase your bet. Every click on a chip increases your bet by the chip value, and every right-click decreases the bet.
- Click the ”deal” button.
- If the dealer shows an ace, you are offered insurance. Click the “insurance” button to insure against the dealer having Blackjack. The player who wishes to take insurance can bet an amount up to half his original bet. If the dealer does have Blackjack, you are paid 2 to 1 on your insurance. This way you do not lose your original bet (because you get the 2x half your original bet, plus the insurance amount back). If the dealer does not have Blackjack, you lose the insurance amount, even if you end up losing.
- Use the “hit”, “stand”, “double” and “split” buttons as required.
- Please note that “insurance”, “double” and “split” require additional bets. If your balance does not have enough money to cover these expenses, the buttons will be disabled.
- Winning hand pays 1 to 1 and Blackjack 3 to 2.
- If you want to play another round, press “new game”. Then place a bet as described above and click the “deal” button, or click “re-bet” to place the same bet as in the previous round.
Where to play Blackjack online: